Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Welcome

I want to welcome you to our new blog Choices.

Each of us have the incredible freedom to make just about any choice we want in our lives. We have the ability to choose the person we want to marry, if we want to marry, to work in the career of our choice, to have children or not, to be persons of faith or not, to choose where we want to live among other things. In fact, in just about every area of our lives we are allowed to make choices. However, what we are not allowed to do is to avoid the consequences of those choices. Every choice has consequences. As I like to say, we make our choices and our choices make us.

For 20 years I served as the pastor of a small church. For 14 years after that I was a judicatory minister with responsibility for over 130 churches before I retired. My ministry allowed me to see how people's choices impacted their lives. Sometimes, people made poor choices that had a negative impact on their lives. Some of those individuals were repeat offenders. They just kept making bad choices until their lives were much different than what they wanted. Yet, in too many cases, they did not know how to turn their lives around.

I also knew many people who often made good choices in their lives. Those good choices produced positive results for them. Their lives were much better than those who consistently made poor choices. But, one thing we never want to lose sight of is that our lives can always improve, no matter how good it is today. As we learn to make even better choices in the future, our lives will continue to reflect those good choices.

I had the privilege of hearing one of the greatest motivational speakers of all time, Zig Ziglar, speak several times. He would often begin his message by asking the audience some questions. He would ask, "How many of you believe that regardless of how bad your personal, family, and business lives are at this moment there are still some things you could do that would make them even worse?" That generally got a laugh from the crowd. He would follow that question by asking, "How many of you believe that regardless of how good your personal, family, and business lives are there are still some things you could do to improve them?" After giving the audience a few moments to think about his questions, he would say "If you honestly do believe there is something you can do to make your life better or your life worse, you have reached a profound conclusion. It's this: I don't care how bad my life is, I don't care how good my life is, there is something I can do to change it - and the choice is mine."

This blog is dedicated to helping people make better choices in their lives. As a retired minister, I still have a passion to see people live their lives to their fullest potential. Every Sunday I would share messages designed to do just that. In this blog I want to do the same thing.

We will address just about every aspect of our lives, point out mistakes that people sometimes make, and offer better choices for your consideration. We will address important topics such as marriage, raising children, personal finance, business and career choices, pursuing success, job security and a host of other subjects that affect us all.

I hope you will want to follow this page and check out all the articles. Be sure to click on the blue FOLLOW box on the right side. If you add your email address, you will receive an email whenever a new post is added. I sincerely believe they can help you live your best life. I also invite you to share these articles with others. Encourage them to follow this blog as well. Making choices in life is inevitable. We should each strive to make the best ones we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment